NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of the Southern Nevada Homelessness Continuum of Care Board and the Continuum of Care has been called and will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 12, 2017 in the Board Room at the United Way of Southern Nevada, 5830 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89103 to consider the following:
1. Call to Order; notice of agenda compliance with the Nevada Open Meeting Law.
2. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
3. Approval of the Agenda for October 12, 2017; for possible action.
4. Approval of the Minutes from the September 7, 2017; meeting; for possible action.
6. Update from the Coordinated Intake Change Advisory Team; for possible action.
7. Update from the collaborative applicant on the 2017 Continuum of Care competition and the final application submission to U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD); for possible action.
8. Presentation from the Southern Nevada Team on Built for Zero and the strategic plan; for possible action.
9. Presentation from the Housing Working Group on the September 25tth event entitled: The Money You’re Missing: Summit to Introduce Supportive Housing Partnerships to Local Landlords; for possible action.
10. Questions and answers regarding reports from the Board working groups (Community Engagement, Evaluation, HMIS, Planning, Monitoring)—Continuum of Care and Board members may ask questions related to Working Group Reports posted with the agenda. Comments made cannot be acted upon, but may be placed on a future agenda for consideration by the Board.
11. Receive an update from each board member regarding relevant activities within their respective organizations relating to homelessness—Board members may speak on any item under this section of the agenda. Members may comment on matters including, without limitation, future agenda items, upcoming meeting dates, and meeting procedures. Comments made cannot be acted upon or discussed at this meeting, but may be placed on a future agenda for consideration by the board.
12. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
Please be aware of the following: items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the Board may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; the Board may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time; and the Board may impose a time limit for speaking on an item on the agenda where public comment or testimony is allowed.
The United Way of Southern Nevada is accessible to individuals with disabilities. With 24-hour advance request, a sign language interpreter may be made available (TDD (702) 385-7486) or Relay Nevada toll free (800) 326-6868, TT/TDD.
Dated: October 5, 2017
This meeting has been properly noticed and posted at the following locations: Clark County Government Center, 500 S. Grand Central Parkway, Las Vegas, NV City of North Las Vegas, 2250 Las Vegas Boulevard North, North Las Vegas, NV City of Boulder City, 401 California Street, Boulder City, NV City of Henderson, 240 S. Water Street, Henderson, NV City of Las Vegas, 495 S. Main Street, Las Vegas, NV www.HelpHopeHome.org