NOTICE OF MEETING AND AGENDA
Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition’s
Committee on Homelessness
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a strategic planning session of the Committee on Homelessness, a subcommittee of the Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition, has been called and will be held at 2:00 p.m. Thursday, September 12, 2013 in the Clark County Commission Chambers, 500 S. Grand Central Parkway, Las Vegas, Nevada 89155 to consider the following:
1. Call to Order; notice of agenda compliance with the Nevada Open Meeting Law.
2. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
3. Approval of the Agenda for September 12, 2013; for possible action.
4. Approval of the Minutes from the July 11, 2013 meeting; for possible action.
5. Receive an update from the Regional Initiatives Office; for possible action.
6. Receive an update from WestCare on the Community Triage Center; for possible action.
7. Receive an update on the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) from Bitfocus; for possible action.
8. Receive an update from the Nevada Homeless Alliance on Project Homeless Connect (PHC Donation Wishlist) (PHC English) (PHC Spanish) (Medical Connect) and a presentation from Safe House; for possible action.
9. Receive an update from each committee member regarding relevant activities within their respective organizations relating to homelessness—the SNRPC Committee on Homelessness members may speak on any item under this section of the agenda. Members may comment on matters including, without limitation, future agenda items, upcoming meeting dates, and meeting procedures. Comments made cannot be acted upon or discussed at this meeting, but may be placed on a future agenda for consideration by the SNRPC Committee on Homelessness.
10. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
Please be aware of the following: items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the SNRPC Committee on Homelessness may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; the Committee may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time; and the Committee may impose a time limit for speaking on an item on the agenda where public comment or testimony is allowed.
The Clark County Commission Chambers are accessible to individuals with disabilities. With 24-hour advance request, a sign language interpreter may be made available (phone (702) 455-3530 or TDD (702) 385-7486) or Relay Nevada toll free (800) 326-6868, TT/TDD. Assistive listening devices may be available upon request from staff in the Chambers.