NOTICE OF MEETING AND AGENDA
Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition’s
Committee on Homelessness
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a strategic planning session of the Committee on Homelessness, a subcommittee of the Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition, has been called and will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 11, 2014 in the Board Room in the United Way of Southern Nevada, 5830 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89103 to consider the following:
1. Call to Order; notice of agenda compliance with the Nevada Open Meeting Law.
2. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
3. Approval of the Agenda for December 11, 2014; for possible action.
4. Approval of the Minutes from the November 13, 2014 meeting; for possible action.
5. Receive an update from the Regional Initiatives Office; for possible action.
6. Receive an update on the 2015 Southern Nevada Homeless Census; for possible action.
8. Receive a presentation from UNLV School of Nursing on a grant proposal to research the environmental impact of homeless encampments on local water quality; for possible action.
9. Receive a presentation on emergency management disaster preparedness, response, and recovery; for possible action.
10. Discuss orientation of membership for the Southern Nevada Homeless Continuum of Care Board; for possible action.
11. Receive updates to the Committee?s strategic plan and discuss future planning objectives; for possible action.
12. Receive an update from each committee member regarding relevant activities within their respective organizations relating to homelessness-the SNRPC Committee on Homelessness members may speak on any item under this section of the agenda. Members may comment on matters including, without limitation, future agenda items, upcoming meeting dates, and meeting procedures. Comments made cannot be acted upon or discussed at this meeting, but may be placed on a future agenda for consideration by the SNRPC Committee on Homelessness.
13. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
Please be aware of the following: items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the SNRPC Committee on Homelessness may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; the Committee may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time; and the Committee may impose a time limit for speaking on an item on the agenda where public comment or testimony is allowed.
The United Way of Southern Nevada is accessible to individuals with disabilities. With 24-hour advance request, a sign language interpreter may be made available (TDD (702) 385-7486) or Relay Nevada toll free (800) 326-6868, TT/TDD.