NOTICE OF MEETING AND AGENDA
SOUTHERN NEVADA HOMELESSNESS CONTINUUM OF CARE BOARD AND THE CONTINUUM OF CARE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of the Southern Nevada Homelessness Continuum of Care Board and the Continuum of Care has been called and will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 14, 2016 in the Board Room at the United Way of Southern Nevada, 5830 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89103 to consider the following:
1. Call to Order; notice of agenda compliance with the Nevada Open Meeting Law.
2. Public Comment – No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
3. Approval of the Agenda for July 14, 2016; for possible action.
4. Approval of the Minutes for June 9, 2016; for possible action.
5. Receive an Update on the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Continuum of Care program and the 2016 grant application process.
6. Questions and answers regarding reports from the Board working groups (Evaluation, Planning, HMIS, Monitoring, Community Engagement) – Continuum of Care and Board members may ask questions related to Working Group Reports posted with the agenda. Comments made cannot be acted upon, but may be placed on a future agenda for consideration by the Board.
7. Receive an update from each board member regarding relevant activities within their respective organizations relating to homelessness — Board members may speak on any item under this section of the agenda. Members may comment on matters including, without limitation, future agenda items, upcoming meeting dates, and meeting procedures. Comments made cannot be acted upon or discussed at this meeting, but may be placed on a future agenda for consideration by the board.
8. Discussion and workshop with the Continuum of Care and the Board on ending homelessness in Southern Nevada facilitated by Bob Morgan, President & CEO of United Way of Southern Nevada.
9. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
Please be aware of the following: items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the Board may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; the Board may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time; and the Board may impose a time limit for speaking on an item on the agenda where public comment or testimony is allowed.
The United Way of Southern Nevada is accessible to individuals with disabilities. With 24-hour advance request, a sign language interpreter may be made available (TDD (702) 385-7486)or Relay Nevada toll free (800) 326-6868, TT/TDD.
Dated: July 7, 2016