NOTICE OF MEETING AND AGENDA
SOUTHERN NEVADA HOMELESSNESS CONTINUUM OF CARE BOARD
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of the Southern Nevada Homelessness Continuum of Care Board has been called and will be held at 2:00 p.m.on Thursday, June 9, 2016 in the Board Room at the United Way of Southern Nevada, 5830 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89103 to consider the following:
1. Call to Order; notice of agenda compliance with the Nevada Open Meeting Law.
2. Public Comment – No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minute.
3. For possible action to approve the Agenda for June 9, 2016.
4. For possible action to approve of the Minutes from the May 12, 2016 meeting.
5. Report for discussion by the Board Steering Committee on recent activities.
6. Discussion and possible action on recommendation on public comment regarding U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development funding formula for the Continuum of Care.
7. Discussion and possible action on 2016 Housing Inventory Count and Point-in-Time Count and receive the 2016 Southern Nevada Homeless Census and Survey Comprehensive Report from Clark County Social Service.
8. Presentation and discussion on the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Continuum of Care program and the 2016 grant application process.
9. Presentation and discussion on the direction and updates to the 211 Nevada service referral system (Innovations, Challenges, and Call for Community Support) by the Financial Guidance Center.
10. Presentation for discussion from U.S. Vets Las Vegas on the Impacts of 2016 Veteran’s Stand Down (Innovations, Challenges, and Call for Community Support).
12. Update from each board member regarding relevant activities within their respective organizations relating to homelessness — Board members may speak on any item under this section of the agenda.Members may comment on matters including, without limitation, future agenda items, upcoming meeting dates, and meeting procedures.Comments made cannot be acted upon or discussed at this meeting, but may be placed on a future agenda for consideration by the board.
13. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
Please be aware of the following: items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the Board may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; the Board may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time; and the Board may impose a time limit for speaking on an item on the agenda where public comment or testimony is allowed.
The United Way of Southern Nevada isaccessible to individuals with disabilities. With 24-hour advance request, a sign language interpreter may be made available (TDD (702) 385-7486)or Relay Nevada toll free (800) 326-6868, TT/TDD.