NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of the Southern Nevada Homelessness Continuum of Care Board and the Continuum of Care has been called and will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 10, 2019 in the Board Room at the United Way of Southern Nevada, 5830 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89103 to consider the following:
1. Call to Order; notice of agenda compliance with the Nevada Open Meeting Law.
2. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
3. Approval of the Agenda for January 10, 2019; for possible action.
4. Approval of the Minutes from the December 13, 2018 meeting; for possible action.
5. Update by co-chairs on recent activities of the Steering Committee; for possible action.
6. A. Discussion and approval of recommendations of new and reappointed members to the Board, for possible action.
B. Discussion and acceptance of recommendations of new and reappointed members to the Board by the Continuum of Care, for possible action.
7. Discussion and nomination of new Co-Chairs and Co-Vice Chair from the Board rotation, and nomination and selection of new Community Stakeholder Co-Vice Chair; for possible action.
B. Discussion and acceptance of proposed amendments to the Governance Charter and Structure by the Continuum of Care, for possible action.
9. Approval of the authority of the Board to act on behalf of the Continuum of Care; for possible action.
10. Presentation by HomeBase on current technical assistance projects in Southern Nevada; for possible action.
11. Presentation by Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH) on unsheltered technical assistance in Southern Nevada, for possible action.
12. Presentation by the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) on Home, Together: The Federal Strategic Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness; for possible action.
13. Questions and answers regarding reports from the Board working groups (Community Engagement, Coordinated Entry, Evaluation, HMIS, Planning, Monitoring)—Continuum of Care and Board members may ask questions related to Working Group Reports posted with the agenda. Comments made cannot be acted upon, but may be placed on a future agenda for consideration by the Board.
14. Receive an update from each board member regarding relevant activities within their respective organizations relating to homelessness—Board members may speak on any item under this section of the agenda. Members may comment on matters including, without limitation, future agenda items, upcoming meeting dates, and meeting procedures. Comments made cannot be acted upon or discussed at this meeting, but may be placed on a future agenda for consideration by the board.
15. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
Please be aware of the following: items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the Board may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; the Board may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time; and the Board may impose a time limit for speaking on an item on the agenda where public comment or testimony is allowed.
The United Way of Southern Nevada is accessible to individuals with disabilities. With 24-hour advance request, a sign language interpreter may be made available (TDD (702) 385-7486) or Relay Nevada toll free (800) 326-6868, TT/TDD.