The Southern Nevada Homelessness Continuum of Care (SNHCoC) is working closely with the government, non-profit agencies, and homeless services providers to create and implement a coordinated COVID-19/Coronavirus response related to people experiencing homelessness in Nevada. During this process, information and procedures for providers will be posted at https://helphopehome.org/covid-19-response/
GENERAL COVID-19 INFORMATION:
The list below contains vital information regarding COVID-19/Coronavirus. As the situation changes almost daily, we highly recommend you visit the sites often to remain up to date with the latest information and announcements:
Southern Nevada Health District: For Southern Nevada specific announcements regarding COVID-19.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: For full and up to date information regarding COVID-19.
Clark County COVID-19 Update Page: Clark County announcements and updates for community responses to COVID-19.
World Health Organization (Myths regarding Coronavirus): Common COVID-19 myths debunked by WHO.
United States Interagency Council on Homelessness: Additional resources for homeless service providers.
SNHCOC’s COORDINATED RESPONSE TO COVID-19:
- We are coordinating with the local and federal government in learning and sharing information regarding the Coronavirus.
- We are coordinating with our homeless service providers and partners in keeping essential services available to clients.
- Resources for clients and providers are being compiled and available for use at our www.helphopehome.staging.tempurl.host website.
- Additional resources are being compiled and shared for those directly or indirectly affected by the effects of COVID-19.
COMMUNITY’S RESPONSE TO COVID-19:
Nevada faces this challenge together and businesses and members of the community are stepping up to provide assistance to those affected.
- United Way of Southern Nevada has compiled a list of organizations and businesses offering assistance to those affected. Please visit their website for more information.
- NVEnergy suspends disconnects for nonpayment for those directly affected financially by coronavirus; waiving late fees and deposits and making allowances for those unable to pay due to self-isolation. Contact the company’s customer care center to make alternative payment arrangements. Call (702) 402-5555 or go online to https://www.nvenergy.com/.
- Southwest Gas suspends service disconnects indefinitely during coronavirus; offering flexible payment options to customers experiencing financial hardships; making mobile and online access easy. Call (877) 860-6020 Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (hearing impaired should call 711) or visit https://www.swgas.com/en/home.
- City of Henderson has temporarily suspended shut-offs of water service.
DO YOU NEED ASSISTANCE?
- United Way of Southern Nevada launches fund to assist those impacted by coronavirus. Fund is a collaboration of various valley nonprofit organizations pooling resources to help those impacted by the coronavirus outbreak. Donations and Volunteers needed. Individuals may request help at https://www.uwsn.org/COVID19
- Expanded hours for filing online unemployment claims http://ui.nv.gov/css.html. Work-search requirement & 7-day wait period for approved unemployment benefits to be waived, allowing those submitting claims to receive benefits as soon as possible.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) announces Economic Injury Disaster Loan program to provide small businesses with working capital loans up to $2 million. Get more information, on the SBA website.
- Clark County School District will continue to provide meals to families who receive free meals. CCSD Food Distribution center locations.
- Three Square Food Bank establishes Coronavirus Emergency Food Fund to help anyone facing food insecurities as a result of coronavirus or hardship caused by the virus outbreak. Learn more.