Overview of the Continuum of Care
Historically, under the McKinney Vento Act the Continuum of Care (CoC) was a local network that plans and coordinates funding for services and housing to assist homeless individuals and families. With the enactment of the HEARTH Act in 2009 the CoC is now an entity that implements the HUD CoC program and includes all who choose to participate and are concerned with and/or are providing services to individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness.
The HUD CoC program is designed to:
- Promote a community-wide commitment to the goals of ending homelessness.
- Provide funding for efforts to rapidly re-house homeless individuals and families.
- Promote access to and effective use of mainstream programs.
- Optimize self sufficiency among individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
CoC Membership is unlimited and the Southern Nevada Homelessness Continuum of Care (SNH CoC) Board has initiated an open invitation. Any person or agency may become a member of the SNH CoC, if there is an interest to work with or serve the homeless population. Membership forms for the CoC helps the CoC establish a comprehensive database for all future notices to meetings and information sharing. CoC Membership and Board Interest Forms for the SNH CoC Board are available at the link to the left of this page. Please take the time to submit the information so you continue to get notified of upcoming meetings, important events and other information sharing.
To become a member of the Southern Nevada Homelessness CoC, please click on the Membership Form cover below that will link you to the form online. Upon submitting the form, all information will be considered public information.
Help Hope Home is Southern Nevada’s coordinated regional approach to assist individuals and families achieve stable and sustainable lives.
Help Hope Home 101
Join us to learn about regional efforts to address and end homelessness in Southern Nevada.
This orientation provides an overview of:
– Homelessness in Southern Nevada
– Help Hope Home, the Southern Nevada Continuum of Care
– The core principles outlined in our regional plan to end homelessness
– How to get involved in our regional efforts
– Funding opportunities
Find these meetings and more on our Community Calendar.