NOTICE OF MEETING AND AGENDA
Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition’s
Committee on Homelessness
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN TIME AND LOCATION
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a strategic planning session of the Committee on Homelessness, a subcommittee of the Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition, has been called and will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 14, 2013 in Training Rooms 3 & 4 in the City of Las Vegas City Hall, 495 S. Main Street, Las Vegas, Nevada 89101 to consider the following:
1. Call to Order; notice of agenda compliance with the Nevada Open Meeting Law.
2. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
3. Approval of the Agenda for February 14, 2013; for possible action.
4. Approval of the Minutes from the January 10, 2013 meeting; for possible action.
5. Review the history and purpose of the Committee and Help Hope Home: Southern Nevada’s Regional Plan to End Homelessness from the Regional Initiatives Office; for possible action.
6. Receive a presentation on Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act rules and regulations, outcomes of the local Continuum of Care with recommendations for future direction from the Regional Initiatives Office; for possible action.
7. Receive an update on the local Continuum of Care Priority Community Check-Up and Community Action Plan from HomeBase and address future technical assistance; for possible action.
8. Develop the session’s goals and outcomes with the Moonridge Group; for possible action.
9. Break for lunch at approximately 11:30 am and return by 1:00 pm; for possible action.
10. Discuss the Committee’s 2013 Strategic Plan and next steps as facilitated by the Moonridge Group; for possible action.
11. Receive an update from each committee member regarding relevant activities within their respective organizations relating to homelessness—the SNRPC Committee on Homelessness members may speak on any item under this section of the agenda. Members may comment on matters including, without limitation, future agenda items, upcoming meeting dates, and meeting procedures. Comments made cannot be acted upon or discussed at this meeting, but may be placed on a future agenda for consideration by the SNRPC Committee on Homelessness.
12. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
Please be aware of the following: items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the SNRPC Committee on Homelessness may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; the Committee may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time; and the Committee may impose a time limit for speaking on an item on the agenda where public comment or testimony is allowed.