NOTICE OF MEETING AND AGENDA
Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition’s
Committee on Homelessness
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN LOCATION
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a strategic planning session of the Committee on Homelessness, a subcommittee of the Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition, has been called and will be held at 2:00 p.m. Thursday, January 9, 2014 in the North Las Vegas City Hall, Room 521 2250 Las Vegas Blvd. North Las Vegas, NV 89030:
1. Call to Order; notice of agenda compliance with the Nevada Open Meeting Law.
2. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
3. Approval of the Agenda for January 9, 2014; for possible action.
4. Approval of the Minutes from the December 12, 2013 meeting; for possible action.
5. Approval of changes in board membership; for possible action.
6. Receive an update from the Regional Initiatives Office; for possible action.
7. Approval of recommendations for funding for the local 2013 Continuum of Care competition and authorize the Continuum of Care Coordinator to make necessary modifications for final application submission to U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD); for possible action. Included methodology.
8. Receive an update from WestCare on the Community Triage Center; for possible action.
9. Receive an update on the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) from Bitfocus; for possible action.
10. Receive a presentation from the Nevada Homeless Alliance on the 2013 Fall Project Homeless Connect and recognize community partners; for possible action.
11. Receive an update from each committee member regarding relevant activities within their respective organizations relating to homelessness-the SNRPC Committee on Homelessness members may speak on any item under this section of the agenda. Members may comment on matters including, without limitation, future agenda items, upcoming meeting dates, and meeting procedures. Comments made cannot be acted upon or discussed at this meeting, but may be placed on a future agenda for consideration by the SNRPC Committee on Homelessness.
12. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
Please be aware of the following: items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the SNRPC Committee on Homelessness may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; the Committee may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time; and the Committee may impose a time limit for speaking on an item on the agenda where public comment or testimony is allowed.
North Las Vegas City Hall is accessible to all persons. For reasonable accommodations to those with disability impairments, please contact the ADA Coordinator at (702) 633-1501 or TDD (800) 326-6868 at least seventy-two (72) hours in advance of the meeting. For general questions regarding this agenda or for supporting material, please contact Karen L. Storms, CMC, City Clerk at (702) 633-1030.