NOTICE OF MEETING AND AGENDA
SOUTHERN NEVADA REGIONAL PLANNING COALITION’S
SOUTHERN NEVADA HOMELESSNESS CONTINUUM OF CARE BOARD
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of the Southern Nevada Homelessness Continuum of Care Board, a subcommittee of the Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition, has been called and will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 14, 2016 in the Board Room at the United Way of Southern Nevada, 5830 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89103 to consider the following:
1. Call to Order; notice of agenda compliance with the Nevada Open Meeting Law.
2. Public Comment – No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
3. Approval of the Agenda for January 14, 2016; for possible action.
4. Approval of the Minutes from the December 10, 2015 meeting; for possible action.
5. Approval of new board members and rotation of new chairs with new vice co-chair; for possible action.
6. Nominate and elect new vice co-chair; for possible action.
7. Receive an update from the Steering Subcommittee; for possible action.
8. Receive an update on the 2016 Southern Nevada Homeless Census; for possible action.
2016 Census Volunteer Flyer
2016 Youth Census Volunteer Flyer
9. Receive an update from the Nevada Homeless Alliance and receive a presentation and recognitions for 2015 Fall Project Homeless Connect; for possible action.
10. Receive an update on Working Group assignments; for possible action.
11. Receive an update from each board member regarding relevant activities within their respective organizations relating to homelessness. Board members may speak on any item under this section of the agenda. Members may comment on matters including, without limitation, future agenda items, upcoming meeting dates, and meeting procedures. Comments made cannot be acted upon or discussed at this meeting, but may be placed on a future agenda for consideration by the board.
12. Public Comment — No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Comments will be limited to three minutes.
Please be aware of the following: items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the Board may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; the Board may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time; and the Committee may impose a time limit for speaking on an item on the agenda where public comment or testimony is allowed.
The United Way of Southern Nevada is accessible to individuals with disabilities. With 24-hour advance request, a sign language interpreter may be made available (TDD (702) 385-7486) or Relay Nevada toll free (800) 326-6868, TT/TDD.